Saturday, June 5, 2010

Girls' Night!

Tonight I went to a friend's house for a MUCH needed girls' night. It was three ladies with way too much delicious food. I didn't take my camera, so I'll supplement with images found on the worldwide web. Here's us:

That's me on the left.

We decided to each bring a dessert/snack to share, but I'm not a great cook, nor am I creative with snacks in any way, nor do I have the time or energy to think about preparing anything. So I decided to go to Porto's! Yum! For those of you not familiar, imagine the world's most incredible bakery combined with a humongous deli, where everything tastes magical and nothing is wrong with the world. Here's a tiny section of their counter. The lines are always super duper long, but they move really quickly. They have these potato balls, which are hard to describe, but I'll do my best: it's seasoned ground beef inside a ball of mashed potatoes which is then deep fried. Here's a picture that does NO justice. In fact, it looks disgusting.

Just trust me.

Lindsay's a vegetarian, so the potato balls had to be my special treat. For girls' night, I took a few different danish/strudel/pastry thingies. Also two giant cinnamon rolls. Yup. The other ladies had an assortment of cheesecakes, awesome hummus with pita chips, carrots and pretzels, and rosemary lemondrops to top it all off.

While the girls were at Erika's house, the boys were at my house doing manly things. Things like:

throwing sharp pointy things at other things.


burning and eating beer-soaked meat.


babysitting?

All in all, it was a great night. It's 1:45 now, and definitely time for bed. David and Halen are asleep on the couch, so hopefully we can make a swift crib transfer without waking the little guy up. Wish me luck!


*Editor's Note: swift crib transfer unsuccessful.

4 comments:

  1. i had such a nice time! hope it's not too long before we do this again. :)

    and i consider it a special kind of punishment that i became a vegetarian before I discovered the Porto's potato balls. everyone absolutely drools over them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika's definitely the one in the middle, because she's always spilling red paint on her white dresses. Glad y'all had a good time; I know Erika did...because she told me: "I had a good time." And she never lies. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT in polka dots! And nice to see you got your figure back! Mmmmmmwahhhh!

    ReplyDelete