Thursday, June 10, 2010

CHEEEEEZ!

Today was Halen's first SMILE!! It was great! We were getting ready to go for a walk* and Halen was propped on my pillow while I got my shoes on. I was wearing big sunglasses, and when I looked at him and took them off he smiled at me! A big wide no-tooth baby smile :) I was so excited, I got all teary and grabbed my phone to take a picture but he wouldn't do it again. I probably stood there for 5 minutes just moving my sunglasses up and down and making funny faces. No luck.

Then, several hours later (now), we're sitting on the couch watching the NBA Finals and David and I got a front row seat to this special feature:



Sorry for the quality; it's a cell phone camera in a poorly-lit room with the sun setting through an open door behind him.


*I decided to take Halen on a walk to the Burbank Public Library. It's down the street a little ways (1.3 miles). I was going to push the stroller, but I keep forgetting to take it out of David's trunk so I carried him in the BabyBjorn instead. I signed up for a library card, browsed the kid books, and then we walked (trudged) home. By the time we got home I was totally sweaty and my side was aching. Perhaps I'm not quite back to my old stamina?

Also, if you live in Kitsap County I hope you appreciate your public library. They're so much nicer than they are here! The Burbank library was gorgeous from the outside, but inside it's small and grubby. Bleh. Not impressed.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that smiley baby! So glad you got the all-emotional first smile moment ;) And don't you love library cards? I live at my library.

    ReplyDelete