Monday, April 26, 2010

Ugh.

Another looong night with hardly any sleep. What is it about night that makes a baby so alert? Halen spent several hours eating, fussing, burping, crying, then pooping, only to start all over again. To top it all off, now that the sun is up, he's sound asleep on my chest. But when I set him down, he cries again. Sheesh. How am I supposed to keep him up today so he sleeps better at night if I just want to sleep right here with him?

I know this won't last, but I don't know how all you mommies survived it! I need a dose of optimism. SO - here's my list of Halen's best qualities to date, in no particular order:

1. His funny faces are always good for a laugh.
2. He's so light, it's easy to carry him around.
3. He makes some hilarious noises.
4. Sometimes he smiles, both awake and while sleeping.
5. His little toes, fingers, ears, eyelashes, so on and so forth.
6. He's great in the car and the stroller.
7. He never cries when he needs a new diaper. Which is always.
8. He somehow rocks sideburns, a receding hairline, a mullet and no eyebrows.
9. His lips would put Angelina to shame.
10. His one-eyed open pirate impression. Yarrr!

Okay, I feel better. Now if only I could shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, do the dishes, and finish the laundry before Halen wakes up...



All tuckered out from a long night of keeping mommy awake.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the list. My post on Facebook hits the nail on the head! There are some tough times as a new mommy. You will survive. And, dirty dishes are okay. Take a shower with Halen in the baby seat on the floor in the bathroom. That's what I did with Lindsey 18 1/2 years ago and she is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I do!! haha Or else I would never get to shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking there was absolutely no way I could go through another night of being awake more often than asleep. But 'ironically' the first time he slept 8 hours I still didn't get sleep because I felt the need to check to be sure he was breathing. :) Good luck! I hope he starts sleeping through the night soon!

    -Gillian

    ReplyDelete